Last Updated / Effective Date: January 24, 2022
- 3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION. Hatco may collect and store the following types of information about you:
- A. Personal Information. Hatco may collect and store Personal Information about you. Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you, such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, driver’s license number and date of birth (“Personal Information”).
- i. Financial Information. When you buy Hatco promotional items or sales literature through the Site, you are required to provide certain Financial Information to make the purchase. “Financial Information” includes a credit card or debit card number, security code and other similar credit card information necessary to make a purchase. Hatco uses a third-party, The Scan Group, to fulfill your orders. The Scan Group uses Four51, Inc. (“Four51”), which is a third-party payment processor, to facilitate purchases through the Site (“Payment Processor”). Hatco DOES NOT receive your Financial Information, but does receive related Personal Information necessary to facilitate the transaction, along with The Scan Group, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number and other ordering information.
- ii. Special Needs Information. Hatco may collect information that you voluntarily provide relating to special needs, for example, vegetarian eating habits, medical conditions, hearing impairments or handicap access (“Special Needs” information), to better accommodate your needs when participating in Hatco’s Training School.
- iii. Employment Information. Hatco will collect Employment Information from you when you apply for jobs with Hatco. In addition to the information described above in Section 3A, “Employment Information” may include your educational history, criminal history, past and current employment experience and status, your legal authorization to work in the United States, skills and qualifications, and references, unless collection of such information is prohibited by applicable laws.
- B. Non-Personal Information. Hatco may collect and store Non-Personal Information about you. Non-Personal Information is information or data that does not personally identify you and is not readily available for that purpose (“Non-Personal Information”). Examples of Non-Personal Information include your type of browser, operating system, search requests, website traffic information, the date and time you visited our Site, the amount of time you used the Site, the pages you visited on our Site, any device you are using to access the Site, network, geographic and language information and any hyperlinks you click on when using the Site.
- i. De-Identified Data. Any Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated and/or anonymized so that it no longer contains Personal Information will be treated as Non-Personal Information. Non-Personal Information will not be re-combined with other information to create Personal Information.
- ii. IP Address and Geolocation. Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and geolocation will be treated as Non-Personal Information except where otherwise expressly required by applicable law.
- C. Information We Do Not Intend To Collect:
- i. Special Categories of Personal Data. “Special Categories of Personal Data” or “Special Data” is any data that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of identifying a person, and data concerning health or a person's sex life and/or sexual orientation. Except for the Special Needs information mentioned above, the data Hatco collects and processes does not qualify as Special Data. We do not intend to collect any other Special Data from you. Please refrain from entering or posting any other Special Data to us.
- ii. Information from Children. This Site is not directed toward children under 16 years of age and Hatco requests that children under 16 do not provide Personal Information through this Site. If you believe your child has provided Personal Information to us, you may contact us at [email protected].
- A. Personal Information. Hatco may collect and store Personal Information about you. Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you, such as your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, driver’s license number and date of birth (“Personal Information”).
- 4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU.
- A. When You Communicate With Us. We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us and communicate with us, for example, when you call, mail or email us, when you post on the Site or when you request a quote through the Site.
- B. When You Create an Account. We collect Personal Information when you register for any of the various types of registered accounts through the Site (each an “Account,” collectively, the “Accounts”).
- i. Registered Accounts. When our customers establish a Registered Account, or when Hatco establishes a Registered Account for its representatives, we collect a person’s first and last name, email address, and (optional) telephone number. We also collect other business information such as customer and invoice number and invoice amount.
- ii. Support System Accounts. We collect your name and email address when you set-up a Support Account through the Site. A Support Account can be used to track the status of support requests.
- iii. Hatco University Account. When you fill-out the Training School Application, the information provided in such form is used to populate your Hatco University Account.
- C. Signing Up for the Newsletter. If you sign-up or otherwise opt-in to receive promotions or other communications from us, including the newsletter, you will need to submit your email address. We will use this information to provide you with promotional and other electronic communications. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the unsubscribe information in the applicable email.
- D. When You Make a Purchase. When you make a purchase of Hatco promotional items or sales literature, we receive certain Personal Information necessary to complete your order, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and ordering information. Your Financial Information is provided directly to the Payment Processor when you make a purchase and it is not provided to Hatco.
- E. When You Register Your Product For Warranty. We collect your name, address and product information when you register your product for warranty registration. We only use the information you provide to manage your warranty requests.
- F. Applying for Jobs with Hatco. If you apply for a job through the Site or send us a resume or other application materials to apply to work for Hatco, we will only use those materials to evaluate your qualifications to work for Hatco or its affiliates, and to otherwise consider or respond to your inquiry. Your submission of a job application or resume does not require Hatco to review it or consider you for employment. You represent to Hatco that all information you provide in connection with your application for employment is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- G. Live Chat Conversations. If you use any chat feature on the Site, we will collect and store your name, email address and all text that you submit or input using that feature. All chats on the Site are treated as non-confidential.
- H. Social Media. We may collect and store any information that you post on our Social Media (defined below) accounts.
- 6. DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS. We do not currently honor “do not track” requests.
- 7. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? We use your Personal Information in compliance with applicable laws. We use your Personal Information as was stated (or obvious) at the point of collection. We also use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- A. To respond to your questions, comments, or complaints (including copyright infringement notices and counter-notices);
- B. To create and manage your Account(s);
- C. To facilitate transactions;
- D. To send you promotions or targeted advertising;
- E. To troubleshoot problems with the Site;
- F. To improve the content and functionality of the Site and the services we provide to our customers;
- G. To perform statistical analysis and other analyses of the Site;
- H. To promote our products and other services sold on the site;
- J. To address your Special Needs request;
- K. To store and address product warranty requests;
- L. To facilitate our training programs;
- M. To review and evaluate applicants for employment, including to follow-up with references provided to us;
- N. To provide you with our newsletter;
- O. To protect our legal rights or interests, or those of third parties, including to bring a legal action against you or anyone who may be causing harm to us, our Site, or to other users of the Site; and
- P. As requested by or consented to by you.
- 8. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We do not sell, rent or lease your Personal Information to any third party. We limit the parties with whom we share your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- A. Employees and Affiliates. Our employees and affiliates who have a need to know the information for our business purposes.
- B. Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers and our representatives that provide certain services for Hatco. We share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers that host and manage the Site or that provide services through the Site. We share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers to: (i) provide targeted advertising and other marketing; (ii) improve the content and functionality of the Site, (iii) perform data analysis and statistical analysis, and (iv) troubleshoot problems with the Site. Such third-party service providers include the Payment Processor.
- C. Government Officials / Law Enforcement. We will cooperate with law enforcement and other governmental agencies, including by disclosing your Personal Information, if you are suspected of violating applicable laws. We may disclose your Personal Information to governmental officials, law enforcement or other similar governmental personnel: (i) if we believe in good faith we are legally required to disclose that Personal Information, (ii) if we are advised to disclose your Personal Information by our legal counsel, or (iii) when necessary to identify, contact or bring a legal action against someone who may cause or be causing harm to, or interfering with the legal rights of, Hatco or any other party.
- D. Professional Advisors. Our professional advisors, such as our attorneys, accountants, financial and business advisors, in their capacity as advisors to Hatco.
- E. Other Users. By submitting a copyright infringement notice, counter-notice or other similar notification through the Site or to Hatco, you consent to having that communication forwarded to any person or entity to whom the notice or counter-notice is relating in order to facilitate a prompt resolution of the copyright infringement claim. Copyright infringement notices and/or counter-notices from you will be treated in accordance with our DMCA Policy found at: [https://www.hatcocorp.com/en/dmca-policy] (“DMCA Policy”).
- F. Change in Ownership. In the event Hatco is the subject of a change of control transaction such as a merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of our assets or equity, in the event the Site changes ownership, in whole or in part, or in the event of a bankruptcy, receivership or similar transaction, we may provide your Personal Information to the subsequent owner(s).
- G. Other. We may share your Personal Information with third parties when explicitly requested by or consented to by you, or for the purposes for which you disclosed the Personal Information to us as indicated at the time and point of the disclosure (or as was obvious at the time and point of disclosure from the context of collection).
- 9. USING AND SHARING NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. Hatco is the sole and exclusive owner of any Non-Personal Information received or created by Hatco or its third-party service providers or licensors. We may use or disclose to third-parties Non-Personal Information for any business purpose as determined in our sole discretion, in compliance with applicable laws.
- 10. ONLINE ADVERTISING. Hatco uses its third-party service providers Google, AddRoll and Semcasting to participate in interest-based advertising, tailored to your physical location and history with the Hatco Site. This advertising may be shown across any number of websites and Social Media networks across the internet. Some websites where Hatco may advertise belong to ad networks that use your web browsing history to choose which ads to display on their network websites. Those ads include advertising for Hatco, but no Personal Information about you is shared with those third-party ad networks.
- Other sites where you see our ads may use interest preferences that you have chosen on those sites, as well as registration and other information about you, to choose which ads to display to you. Information collected by our advertising service providers through cookies and other technologies may include browsing behavior, referring sites and your response to advertisements. These cookies do not collect Personal Information. The information we collect in this manner is only used to improve our advertising.
- If you receive a behaviorally targeted advertisement, you may click on the displayed icon to receive more information and you may choose to opt-out. Your opt-out choices may be affected by your use of a specific device, your browser settings or your log-on credentials. Please refer to the website that you are visiting, your browser and/or your device settings for additional information. If you opt out, you may still receive online advertising from Hatco, which is based on your preferences or online behavior. Hatco uses multiple online advertising programs, so opting out of one program does not opt you out from all online advertising.
- Furthermore, when you submit Personal Information through the “Contact Us” or ”Request a Quote” feature of the Site, your Personal Information may be sent to a representative in your area to provide you further information regarding our products or services.
- In addition, the Site may also use the advertising services and networks offered by Social Media platforms to deliver advertising content. Use of Social Media services requires Social Media platforms to implement cookies or pixel tags to deliver ads to you while you are accessing the Site.
- 11. SECURITY. Hatco uses appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk for all personal data processed. This Site has commercially reasonable security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, Hatco uses industry standard protections to help safeguard against such occurrences. In the event that a breach into our security systems occurs and there is a possibility that an unauthorized person acquires your Personal Information, Hatco will notify you of the breach as required under applicable law.
- YOU UNDERSTAND THAT NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET OR A MOBILE DEVICE CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE. WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOU PROVIDE SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- 12. SOCIAL MEDIA. Hatco is active on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn (“Social Media”). You have the opportunity to comment on those Social Media platforms regarding Hatco and the programs, products and services we offer. Any content you post on a Social Media platform will be treated as non-confidential information. Hatco reserves the right to post (or re-post) on the Site and its Social Media pages any comments or content that you post on our Social Media pages.
- The Site allows you to connect to and share information with various Social Media platforms. These features may require us to implement cookies, plug-ins and application protocol interfaces (APIs) provided by those Social Media platforms to facilitate those communications and features.
- Anything you post on Social Media is public information. YOU AGREE TO HOLD HATCO AND ITS AFFILIATES HARMLESS AND WITHOUT LIABILITY FOR THE RESULTS OF ANY AND ALL CONTENT YOU POST TO HATCO’S SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES.
- 14. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you have the right to obtain: (a) a list of all third parties to whom we may have disclosed your Personal Information within the past year for direct marketing purposes, and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed, by emailing [email protected] or calling our toll-free phone number at (800)-558-0607.
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California consumers specific rights regarding their personal information. This section briefly describes these rights and how to exercise them. You have:
- A. The Right to Know what personal information is collected, how it is processed, for what purpose, and with whom it is shared. You can request that we disclose information about how we collect and use your personal information over the last twelve (12) months. As soon as we verify your request, we will disclose:
- i. What information we have collected about you. (Links to Section 3A.)
- ii. Our business purpose for collecting this information. (Links to Section 7.)
- iii. The categories of third parties with whom we have shared this information. (Links to Section 3A.)
- iv. If we have disclosed your information for a business purpose. (Links to Section 8.)
- B. The Right to Delete personal information that you have provided to us previously.
- i. You or someone you authorize to make this request on your behalf may request any of this information by emailing [email protected] or calling our toll-free phone number at (800)-558-0607. In order to provide all necessary information, you must send us sufficient information for us to verify that you are the person that you are requesting date for, and describe your request clearly, so we may respond to it.
- C. The Right to Opt-Out from the sale of your personal information.
- i. We do not sell your personal information.
- D. The Right to Non-Discrimination in terms of what quality of price, service, or other communications we provide to you.
- 15. COMMUNICATING WITH YOU. You agree that we may contact you in response to communications from you, to provide you with promotional emails, to provide you information about your Accounts or your orders, and to provide you information about the Site. If you do not wish to receive certain promotional emails, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of that email.
- 16. CONSENT TO PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES. By providing Personal Information to us, you understand and consent to the collection and processing of your Personal Information in the United States, regardless that certain governmental authorities may not consider the level of protection of Personal Information in the United States to be equivalent to that required by the European Union or other jurisdictions.
- 18. DATA RETENTION. Hatco will only keep your Personal Information for so long as it has a reasonable business purpose for doing so. For any Special Needs information, Hatco will only keep such information until it reasonably believes it no longer will need such information to provide the relevant accommodations for you.
- 19. TERMS APPLICABLE TO PERSONS LOCATED IN THE EUROPEAN UNION AND BRAZIL. The purpose of this Section 19 is to provide information regarding additional terms that apply regarding Hatco’s processing of personal data of persons located in the European Union (“EU”) or Brazil (“BR”) in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and Brazilian General Data Protection Law No. 13,583 (“LGPD”). THIS SECTION 19 ONLY APPLIES TO YOU IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE EU OR BR.
- A. Definitions. The terms “personal data” and “processing” have the same meanings set forth under GDPR and LGPD. Those definitions are set forth below for your convenience:
- i. “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- ii “processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- Furthermore, as used in this Section 19, the following definition(s) shall apply:
- iii. “Automated Decision” means an automated decision made about an individual person, including profiling, often where meaningful logic is involved, that produces legal effects that significantly affects the involved individual.
- B. Processing of personal data. Personal Information, as defined above, is considered personal data under GDPR and LGPD. Furthermore, if any Non-Personal Information, as defined above, also qualifies as personal data under GDPR and LGPD, then it shall be considered and treated as personal data for those persons located in the EU and BR.
- C. The European Economic Area (“EEA”). The EEA consists of the EU plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. In the event that the EEA adopts GDPR in the future, then all references to the EU in this Section 19 shall instead refer to the EEA.
- D. Switzerland. In the event you are a resident of Switzerland, your personal data shall be treated in compliance with the terms of this Section 19, except to the extent otherwise required by the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act.
- E. Legal basis for processing. When Hatco processes your personal data, it has a legal basis for doing so as required under GDPR and LGPD. Hatco will only process your personal data if: (i) it has received your express opt-in consent for such processing, (ii) the processing is necessary for performance of a contract, (iii) the processing is necessary for a legal obligation to which Hatco is subject, (iv) the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject, (v) the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest, (vi) if Hatco or a third party has a legitimate interest that is not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, or (vii) for carrying out studies by research entities, ensuring anonymization of personal data whenever possible.
- We have set out in the table below the reasons why we process Personal Data, the associated legal basis for Hatco’s processing of such personal data, and the type of personal data. If Hatco is required to process any personal data for reasons (iii), (iv) or (v), those reasons may not be known to Hatco today and therefore may not be listed below, but examples are listed in Sections 7 and 8 above.
|Hatco’s Purpose for Processing||Legal Basis for Processing||Category Of Personal Data(See details provided above for more information)|
|When you register for an Account: To register and maintain your Accounts, and permit you to track the status of your support requests||Consent||Personal data (contact information, business contact information, purchase/product information)|
|Warranty Registration: To address your warranty requests and questions||Consent||Personal data (contact information and product information)|
|Applications for Employment: To consider applications for employment||Consent||Personal data (contact information and employment related information)|
|Newsletter requests: To provide you with our newsletter and other email communications such as updates regarding our products and services and direct marketing||Consent||Personal data (email address)|
|Purchases: To process and deliver your orders, which includes managing payments, collecting money owed to Hatco, and resolving any disputes relating to transactions you make through the Site||Consent||Personal data (contact information and Financial Information)|
|Hatco University: To register and communicate regarding Hatco’s Training School and provide related services; to provide accommodations for your Special Needs||Consent||Personal data (contact information) and Special Data if Special Needs information is provided|
|Site Administration: To administer our Site (for example: troubleshooting, system maintenance, respond to DMCA requests, and data analysis)||Legitimate Interest (To effectively run our Site and administer IT Services)||Personal Data (See section 3(b) and the Cookies Policy); with regard to DMCA, contact information and information required under the DMCA Policy found [https://www.hatcocorp.com/en/dmca-policy]|
|Live Chat: To answer your questions or address your comments sent to us via Live Chat||Consent||Personal data (name and email address)|
|Analytics and Marketing: To analyze and improve the Site and features of the Site and content on the Site; to provide direct marketing to you about our products, services and Site||Legitimate Interests (direct marketing) or Consent (depending on the type of marketing)||Personal data (contact information; also, see section 3(b) and the Cookies Policy found [https://www.hatcocorp.com/en/cookie-policy])|
|Social Media: To engage with our customers, prospective customers and the community about our products, service and brand, and if required, take actions to maintain the quality of the brand in the market.||Legitimate interest (engaging with our customer base and the community; protecting our brand)||Personal Data (any information you post on our social media pages, contact information)|
- F. Right to Withdraw Consent. In the event you provide your consent for us to process your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing [email protected] to request such change at no additional cost.
- G. Marketing. Hatco does not process personal data for the purpose of marketing without first obtaining your express, opt-in consent or having a legitimate interest for doing so. You have the right to object to the processing of personal data for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
- H. Automated Decision Making. Hatco does not make any Automated Decisions on your behalf or about you without first obtaining your express, opt-in consent. In the event we secure your consent to do so, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data via Automated Decision making at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
- I. Your Rights & Choices. GDPR and LGPD provide certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, you may have the following rights under GDPR or LGPD, although some exceptions do apply. We will comply with any requests made relating to the following rights if required by applicable law. We may require you to prove your identity before we modify, provide, delete or transfer your personal data. The following definitions reflect both GDPR and LGPD unless specifically noted.
- i. Right of Access - You have the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you. This allows you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Under LGPD this specifically includes the right to confirmation of the existence of processing, and the right to information about public and private entities with whom the data is shared.
- ii. Right to Rectification - You have the right to request that we amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- iii. Right to Erasure (Deletion) - Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request deletion of your personal data. Under LGPD this right includes anonymizing and blocking noncompliant data.
- iv. Right to Restrict - Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data.
- v. Right to Object - Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to Hatco processing personal data, such as for direct marketing purposes or when Automated Decision making is used.
- vi. Right to Data Portability - You have the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and further request that we send such personal data to another party.
- vii. Communication Preferences and Opt-Outs - You have the right to stop receiving communications from us at any time by contacting [email protected], at no additional cost.
- viii. Right to Lodge a Complaint - You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority.
- If you have any questions about your privacy, your rights and choices, or how to exercise them, please contact us with your request at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time.
- J. PROVIDING PERSONAL DATA DUE TO A CONTRACTUAL REQUIREMENT. You must provide personal data necessary to enter into certain agreements with Hatco, such as to apply for and/or attend Hatco’s Training School, to make certain purchases and in certain employment circumstances.
- K. THE CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING PERSONAL DATA. Hatco will not be able to provide certain services to you without processing certain personal data such as processing job applications, selling you products, or reviewing applications to the Hatco Training School. Furthermore, if you turn off certain tracking devices or decline certain cookies on the Site, certain features of the Site may not work.
- L. TRANSFER TO THIRD PARTIES AND COUNTRIES. Personal data that we collect or receive may be transferred to and/or processed by third parties that are located outside of the EU or BR. We transfer personal data to Brilliant Metrics who is located in the United States. Some authorities in other jurisdictions believe the United States does not provide the same level of protection of personal data as in the EU or BR, and authorities of EU and BR have determined the United States does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal data. Hatco will only transfer EU and BR data subject's personal data to third-parties located outside of the EU and BR when Hatco has ensured appropriate safeguards for such personal data, either through (i) the standard contractual clauses with such third party or (ii) verification that such third-party is EU-U.S. Privacy Shield certified (in the case of the United States).
You may request a copy of any such appropriate safeguards or seek inquiries regarding such safeguards by contacting us [email protected]. We will respond to your request or inquiry within a reasonable period of time.
Attn: Advertising Manager
635 South 28th Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53215